Monday, April 16, 2007

Global Warming??????????

That was the big question on I-80 eastbound from the Hoosier last Wednesday. Hit snow on US30 out of Fort Wayne on my way to South Bend. No big deal as it happens all the time up there. Kept getting worse, roads beginning to get slushy, but traffic still moving. I felt the rear end slide some, so I slowed down to where I felt safe. Unfortunately, I was one of the few that did so.

In the 20 mile stretch of US30 between Warsaw and US31 there were 10 or so cars in ditches and one big truck on it's side just east of the Pilot on 30 at 31. Headed north on 31 and just about a mile south of 6 on the southbound side of 31 sits a jackknifed big truck totally blocking southbound US31. Traffic was backed up almost to Lakeville.

Make it to South Bend Post Office, drop my load and head up to I80 to go to Perrysburg, OH. Snow is now very heavy and the wind is blowing 30 to 35 MPH. Blizzard conditions. Had to stop at a travel plaza halfway to Perrysburg to knock off the slush from the nose of the truck as the engine was starting to run warmer than normal. Thirty miles from Perrysburg, the snow turned to rain, and the temp warmed up and it was over except the wind didn't die down. I can't remember a time when winter hung on through mid April. I'll be glad when this winter finally ends.

Second truck doing well. Revenue for the first three days was $900. Not bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi ! How is going ?? Did you got more trucks ??
Thank you for interesting posts. - john.

Wolfeman said...

John,

No, still only have the two. My son-in-law drives the second one.

Glad you enjoy the posts.