Sunday, September 2, 2007

OH-OH-IA-IL

Two load days continued. First load from Euclid, OH to Defiance, OH. So sooner pulled into the drop in Defiance, before they sent the next load offer: Van Wert, OH to Davenport, IA for a 06:00 drop Friday.

Couldn't pick up the Van Wert load until 19:30, so I stopped and grabbed a bite to eat. Arrived in Van Wert at 19:20. Drove as far as La Salle, IL before stopping to grab some sleep. Made the drop at o5:35 Friday in Davenport. Stopped for breakfast and went to the Flying J in Davenport to sleep.

Got the next load offer around 13:00. Dubuque, IA to Champaign, IL. Made the drop in Champaign at 20:35, drove to the Pilot in Covington, IN to eat and sleep.

Left at 05:00 Saturday morning and arrived home at 09:30. 6 loads in 4 days is not bad and I hate to go out of service when the freight is good but I didn't want to miss my daughter's visit. Also, the Idlebuster is being installed Thursday and I couldn't change it because they are flying someone up from the main office to supervise the install. Plus the truck needs serviced. I'll just have to hope the freight holds steady.

0 comments: