Wednesday, March 5, 2008

IN-OH

Left Gary, IN at 0600 to pick up in South Bend, IN. Bought some fuel at Gary, $3.54 gal. Made the pick in South Bend at the scheduled 0730 time, bought some more fuel at the Pilot on RT 31 $3.65 gal.

Hit snow on the Ohio Turnpike east of Toledo, rain just west of Cleveland, and freezing rain right after I turned onto I 480. No real effect to the roads but the front of the truck was coated in ice.

Made the drop at 1345 and headed to the nearby Pilot. Still freezing rain until a few miles after I left the drop. Temp popped up to 35, rain stopped and the roads were dry. Got to the Pilot and parked. Went inside to drop my paperwork in the Trip Pak box and it starts the freezing rain crap again. Has continued all evening and I understand Cleveland is a mess. One of my Sprinter drivers had a load to drop and one to pick up near Cleveland and he had to stop before he even made it to the drop. It's a mess.

Oh, the fuel price at this Pilot? $3.84 gal. I'm going to have to start getting picky about what loads I take if I expect to make any money. Will have to start passing on loads T/S has FSC deals with.

At $3.84 a gallon, it will cost me $55. for every 100 miles to run the truck. To fill my tanks, $384. Considering having a bank loan officer follow me in a chase car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. The price of fuel is getting so high, and the prices for loads need to start reflecting it.

Wolfeman said...

From your nickname I gather you're affiliated with one of the truck stop chain fleet fuel accounts. Which one????