Sunday, March 2, 2008

No MI

Change in plans. I was calculating my hours and found that I could not do the run to MI legally.

If I had drove to Hebron, IN today like I planned, I would have had 20.75 hours left on my 70. No problem there. To make the delivery in Chicago at 0700 tomorrow from Hebron I would have had to start my 14 and ll hour clocks at 0530. The pick up in WI was for 1800 tomorrow evening. I could have played with my 11 hour clock by split logging, but I couldn't do anything about the 14 hour clock running out at 1930. Add to that the load was due in MI at 0400 Tuesday and it would have been a 7 hour drive from WI. If the truck could swim, I could have gone across Lake Michigan instead of around it. Both clocks would have been blown, and Tri-State matches your log books to the QC messages and location times so they know if you aren't legal.

I called T/S at 0900 this morning to confirm my figures and to give them time to get another unit on the load if needed. They confirmed my calculations and pulled the load.

I stayed here at Whiteland, IN and did a 34 hour restart so I wouldn't have to do it midweek. I'll have to leave here around 0300 to make the Chicago delivery tomorrow, but that's trucking, and there went $600 out of my pocket.

Ain't it fun!!!!

0 comments: