Wednesday, March 12, 2008

OH-Ding, Use Porta-Potti-Home

Woke up last Wednesday morning at the Pilot in Richfield, OH feeling lousy. I had been fighting a cold for a couple of weeks or so, but this wasn't a cold. My head was coming off and everything, including my hair, ached.

Stood up, ding, use porta-potti. Ate a donut, ding, use porta-potti. Took a couple of sips of a Sprite, ding, use porta-potti. Is there a pattern here???????

Decided I'd better get home before I got worse, so I got dressed, advised dispatch of the situation, and while standing in the sleeper putting things away, the truck lurches forward nearly knocking me down.

My first thought was Boy, I'm sicker than I thought. Then I realized the truck had been hit. I looked out the drivers side window and there was a trailer up against my left rear corner, (I had pulled into the spot rather than backed in).

I threw my boots on, grabbed Betty (Kabar) and went outside. This idiot had backed into the truck while trying to back into a parking space. Never mind that the six spaces next to me were open and I was in the corner, he still managed to hit me.

He's out there spinning his wheels on the ice trying to pull away when I got to his door and asked him what he thought he was doing. We exchange a few words before he finally gets out of the truck. He had the whole lane blocked, so there were five or six trucks backed up waiting to get by. The first two drivers had already gotten out of their trucks and walked over.

I walked back to my truck to see if there was any damage. Luckily, he had hit the dock bumper on the left side and there wasn't any damage. He had come up behind me and said See, I didn't even hurt your damn truck. I'm sick, he hits my truck, and gives me attitude. Sick or not, this won't fly.

There was quite a back up by now and the fuel lanes were blocked, so the next thing I know the manager and a security guard are standing there. The other drivers told the manager what had happened, the security guard separates me from the idiot. After a short discussion with the idiot, the manager asked me if I wanted to press charges. I said no since there wasn't any damage and it wouldn't qualify for a DOT report. The manager then told the idiot to get off the lot. He left, but I have his plate number and carrier information just in case.

I get back in the truck, ding, use porta-potti, fire up the truck to let it warm up and take off for home about 45 minutes later. Stopped at every rest stop on 271 and 71 plus a few exit/entrance ramps, before I finally got home.

Go to the doc and find I had a sinus infection, ear infection, and bronchial infection. The antibotics are winning, but I still feel like crap.

So if all this wasn't enough, mother nature decides to add her two cents worth. Starts snowing Friday night and doesn't stop until Sunday morning. There was 22" in the front yard. Biggest snowstorm in the history of the state.

So, how did everybody else's week go????

0 comments: