Thursday, May 29, 2008

Still Grounded

Didn't get the answer I wanted at the doc's office Tuesday. Shot worked to an extent, but he's not satisfied with the strength in the shoulder. Sent me over for an MRI so he could get a look at what's going on.

Got the MRI done Tuesday afternoon and I go back to the doc tomorrow morning for the final word.

I've been a bit more active with the shoulder than I was last week and it does feel better and I can lift my arm above my head. There is only one spot that gives me trouble. When the arm is straight out from my side, the shoulder will pop and pain shoots down to my hand and up to my neck. That happens going up or down.

On the bright side, freight IS picking up. T/S pro numbers are increasing steadily, and the Sprinters continue to be busy.

Sprinter loads since 5/28:

Sprinter #1
Urbana OH to Dublin VA
Bonused to Lexington KY

Sprinter #2
Columbus OH to Brookpark OH Hazmat
Willoughby OH to Dayton OH
Dayton OH to St. Louis MO

Saw where diesel fuel jumped another $.34 overnight raising the national average to $4.77 a gallon. In NY and CA, it's $5.09. PA is close behind with $4.95. Chances of getting a load to CA are slim and none, but if I get back on the road next week I will be telling Dispatch I won't be accepting loads to NY and limited ones to PA.

0 comments: