Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back Home in Indiana

I started the day with a run within IN with the promise that I would not lose my #1 position on the Indianapolis board. Made the delivery, sent the POD on the QC and the message I got was that I was #2 on the Anderson board. I replied on the QC listing the dispatchers name that made the promise on my board position. He calls me a few minutes later saying I could be #2 on either the Anderson or Indy board. Supposedly, another driver had more idle time than I did. I thought that was funny since I was #1 at the start of the day. So I sent a QC message that I was heading to Indy so there would be a record of it.

Before I get to Indy, I get a call offering me a load from Rushville, IN to Tifton, GA. $750 to the truck. I'm all over this figuring they are making up for the earlier mess. 8 pieces, 2100 lbs. So I get to Rushville. It's 8 PALLETS. Shipper had ordered a straight truck. Dispatcher says they will fit on my truck based on the dimensions. (they were small pallets) I explain to her that yes, dimension wise they will fit on the truck but only if I tear the roof off and load them from the top. The fork lift could push them in, but they were too heavy to manhandle into position. Meanwhile, shipper is going ballistic saying he ordered a straight truck, and that's what he wants. So I lose the load.

So, I'm back at the Flying J where I started this morning only I'm $750 poorer but hey, I'm #1 on the Indy board.

0 comments: