Thursday, August 2, 2007

Short Run

Ran a short one today to get dispatch out of a jam. Started the day at #3 on the Columbus load board which usually means getting a load out between 13:00 and 15:00. Dispatch called at 10:00. Run from Mansfield, OH to Sydney, OH. 118 paid miles, 60 mile deadhead.

Some quick math tells me that I'll still make money so I tell them I'll take it. They ended up paying me for the whole 60 mile deadhead. Would have been only 10 since the first 50 is free, so I made a little more. Every little bit counts.

I've learned that in expedite, you don't turn anything down as long as you make a profit on the load. There are no guarantees that a longer run will be available, and there were two vans ahead of me on the board anyway.

Up side is that I'll sleep in my own bed in the A/C so I won't be idleing to keep cool. It was 95 here today. Also, the Idlebuster install was approved today so hopefully I'll be able to get it installed ASAP and my idleing days will be over.

0 comments: