Friday, August 17, 2007

Westward Ho

At least a little. Checked with dispatch at 16:00 and was still #2 on the KC board, so I figured it was a wash for today and probably the weekend. Dozed off watching some tv and dispatch woke me at 17:30 with a load offer.

Manhattan, KS to Frankfort, KY. Picks up at 13:00 tomorrow and delivers at 06:00 Monday. Will try to make Evansville, IN by tomorrow night, Lexington, KY by Sunday night, and deliver Monday as Lexington is close to Frankfort.

Good load, good revenue, and it puts me in the heart of the Midwest for the start of the week. Since I plan to take the first week in September off, I need to make as much as possible in the last two weeks of August. My daughter is visiting over Labor Day, the Idlebuster is being installed on the 6th, and the truck will need its routine maint. by then.

0 comments: