Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Indiana on my Mind

Back in Whiteland, IN. Got the same run that I got last week from Mt. Vernon, OH to Columbus, IN. Same shipper, same consignee, more $$$$.

When I emptied and sent the POD on the QC, they offered me a run from Paris, IL to somewhere in MI. 124 deadhead miles from Columbus to Paris and 431 miles to MI. Delivery was direct which means as fast as I can get it there.

As much as I wanted the money, I turned it down. It would have meant driving a total of 896 miles without any sleep. I figured the mileage would be more since their mileage figures are always low. Bottom line was that it wouldn't be safe.

After I turned it down, dispatch said that they were prepared to talk me out of it because of the safety issue. They had to offer it though since I was #1 on the Indy board. Didn't lose my board position though. They said they weren't going to penalize me for being tired. Looks like this company actually does care about the contractors that drive for them.

0 comments: