Friday, November 30, 2007

OH-TN-MS

Finally got a load. Dispatch called at 0545 Thursday morning with a load going from Bucyrus, OH to Memphis, TN. I was beginning to think that I was going to be home for another weekend.

Picked up at 0830 and left at 0900. Even though it was listed as a direct load, the drop time was 2359. I didn't hurry and dropped at 2115.

Had my choice of truckstops to go to. Two Pilots and two Flying J's. I prefer the J's since they have large parking lots and I can park away from other vehicles and run the Idlebuster without disturbing anyone's sleep. Not that it makes a difference since I will not freeze for anyone, but I try to be considerate as much as possible.

It was somewhat odd about the truckstops though. The two Pilots were a block apart, and one J was in Arkansas and the other in Mississippi. Memphis sits right in the corner of TN, so 5 miles west and you're in Arkansas and 5 miles south and you're in Mississippi. I picked the J in MS since it was closer. It was a good choice since it's a nice newer one. Both are still considered to be on the Memphis board. Go figure.

I'm #3 on the Memphis board and since I've never been on it before I don't know how it moves. Hopefully, I don't have to spend the weekend here.

0 comments: