Tuesday, October 16, 2007

IN-WI-IL-WI-OH

Started to post last Thursday while I was sitting in Green Bay, WI. but got a phone call from my daughter saying that my mom was undergoing emergency surgery that Friday, so I dropped everything and took off for home. Took me a little over 8 hours to get there. 660 odometer miles. I was kinda moving when you consider I had to go through Chicago. Anyway, everthing turned out fine, and I hope to get out of here tomorrow.

To bring things up to date, I got a load from Indianapolis to Kohler, WI Monday morning. It was direct so I delivered it around 2000 that evening. Before I even reached Kohler, I got another load offer going from New Holstein, WI to the CAT plant in Peoria, IL. That one picked up at o700 Tuesday and was also direct. Dropped it at 1300 Tuesday afternoon.

Yet another load offer came accross the QC about 10 minutes after I dropped at CAT. This was from Straeter, IL to Kewaunee, WI. Another nuke plant. It picked up at 1300 on Wednesday and was again a direct delivery. I was starting to feel like a yo-yo going back and forth to WI.

I drove about 60 miles north of Peoria to the truck stop in LaSalle, IL, about 13 miles from my pick up in Straeter, to spend the night. I bumped into the Tri-State Road Patrol at the truck stop. Turns out he was looking for me since the truck's quarterly inspection was due. He completed the inspection, I replenished my supplies of bills of lading and trip-pak envelopes and we went into hit the buffet.

We were sitting there eating and dispatch called wanting me to go pick up a load back down in Peoria and take it to the CAT plant in Joliet, IL. turned that one down. Finished dinner and went to the truck. Now that it's getting cooler, it actually pleasant to sleep with the truck buttoned up. After chilling out watching some tv and blowing stuff on my playstation, I went to bed.

Picked up the load in Straeter and took off for WI. Arrived at the nuke plant at 1900. At least this one looked like a nuke plant. They weren't going to let me in at first since someone was supposed to call them telling them I was coming and didn't. Took about 20 minutes to straighten everything out, I dropped the load and headed for a truck stop near Green Bay, WI.

So now things are up to date and like I said earlier, I hope to get out tomorrow.

0 comments: