Monday, October 29, 2007

NJ-PA

No loads showed up in Allentown or points east Friday afternoon, so headed off for my daughter's place in Danville, PA Saturday morning to spend the weekend with her.

Had a real good time just visiting. She wanted me to help her find a 4X4 truck since she now lives in the mountains. Found a real good '05 Dodge Dakota at a really low price, or it seemed that way to me. Trucks are priced lower here than at home, so that was the reason.

We hit the Wally World in Bloomsburg to get some supplies and I found a couple of shirts dirt cheap and a pair of slippers to keep my feet from freezing in the truck.

There was a hard freeze in Bloomsburg last night, so when I run the 'Buster it will be on the heat side from now on. Don't see any prospects of running it on A/C for the rest of the year unless I get a load south. Of course, with the time change next weekend I doubt that points south will be that much warmer.

Waiting for a load at a truck stop in Mifflinville, PA since I couldn't park the truck at my daughters house because the street was too narrow and the trees too low. It sit at her clinic over the weekend instead. Don't know if I'll get out from here today since I don't know the freight activity on this board. I'll probably end up deadheading this afternoon to a busier board.

0 comments: