Saturday, October 6, 2007

OH - IN AGAIN

Second truck completed orientation and is now running. Presently in VA after delivering a load from Lima, OH.

I lost another few days due to paperwork related to the second truck. Finally got a load from Grove City, OH to Indianapolis late Thursday. Had a delivery time of 0700 Friday, so I slept at home and left at 0300 Friday morning.

Dropped the load and am at a truck stop near Indy. I was #5 on the board when I arrived, but moved up to #1 late in the day. Will most likely not get a load until Monday now, but it would not pay me to go home since I would be #4 on my home board.

Sure am glad I brought the Playstation with me this trip, and with the record heat, the Idlebuster is keeping me comfortable. It runs off the truck's fuel tank and after running it all day yesterday, there was no noticeable drop on the fuel gauge. Had I run the engine all day, I would have burned a quarter of a tank. It won't take long for 'Buster to pay for himself with fuel now over $3.00 a gallon.

0 comments: