Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Adventure Begins

Got a load, Got a load!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran a intrastate run this afternoon that brought me right back to Columbus. T/S pumped up the load rate and gave me full bonus for the deadhead mileage. Truck gets around 8MPG, at least according to the onboard computer, so it right around where I expected it to be.

It's easy to drive and since I'm familiar with Allison automatics, I pretty much knew when it was going to shift. I was comfortable driving it and by the end of the day I had gotten rid of the Sprinter's tight turn habits and back into the habit of driving a bigger truck.

All three trucks were moving today, so I hope the soft freight period is over. Need to catch up.

Now it's snowing again with freezing rain and sleet in the forecast as well. Sure will be glad when winter is over.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! Winter has been crazy this year. Luckily, it will be spring soon, which should make for some easier driving.