Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sprinter Left Home

I had planned to get over to the International early and complete my changeover from the Sprinter but someone, who will remain nameless, was several hours late arriving to pick it up. Had to stop what I was doing and get him in the truck and going. As luck would have it, he gets a load to MD 10 minutes after he gets in the truck. Looks like the decision to put him back in the Sprinter was the correct one.

Went back over to the International and stayed there until around 1900. Got the desk built and installed it and the sink. They fit perfectly side by side on the drivers side of the sleeper, and the TV will sit on the raised portion of the desk. All that's left is to install the laptop stand and CB. I would like to install the CB in the factory overhead console, but I don't see how to get power up to the CB. I found the holes in the console to route the antenna cables, but there is no power supply unless I tie into the overhead lights.

Started snowing on the way back home and before I got halfway there, I found myself in blizzard conditions. Couldn't see more than 20 feet so I pulled off onto an exit ramp berm to wait it out. Twenty minutes and 2 inches later it slacked off. Made it home without any further problems. Can't remember when I last saw it snow that bad around here.

My plan is to get the International done tomorrow and head out Wednesday.

0 comments: