Friday, February 29, 2008

OH-TN

Finally a decent load I didn't have to deadhead over a hundred miles for. Went only 14.

One pallet 1136 lbs. (Too tall for Sprinter) from Macedonia OH to Smyrna TN.Arrived at the consignee at 0000 this morning with 15 minutes left on my 14, 30 on my 11.

I 65 through KY is the worst road I've been on lately. I bounced more than I went forward. They actually have signs posted warning motorcycles that the pavement is uneven. Cheaper to post signs that fix the road I guess.

Fuel prices are nuts!!!!!! $3.75 in OH and $3.57 here in TN. Gas prices are dropping and diesel prices are going up. Won't be long before we won't be able to run unless the FSC is increased right away. It's my understanding that diesel fuel is a by-product of the gasoline refining process. In short, diesel is what is left over. Sure they add additives, but not to the tune of charging $3.75 a gallon to cover it. The one sure way for one of these presidential candidates to get elected is to reduce the cost of gas and diesel and then freeze the prices. Let the oil companies choke on it for a while. If there is a oil company executive that reads this blog, don't complain when prices for everything goes up. You caused it.

The Federal and State Governments should also back off with the taxes on fuel. If they don't tourism will drop because no one can afford to travel, and prices across the board will go up since the trucking companies will have to increase freight prices to cover the fuel costs.

This time last year, diesel was around $2.35 a gallon. That's almost a 62% increase. No company, especially one like mine, can survive very long without a rate increase.

Presently at a truck stop in Antioch, TN. It's near Nashville. Raining here now but that is much better than snow. Warmer too, but still have the space heater running.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you an independent? I need a load from oh to tn to be picked up today if possible
call me with a flatbed legal load rate please.
john barney
jbs cranes
724.941.1433