Saturday, February 16, 2008

Generator Runs!!!!!

Spent part of the morning working on the International's generator. The radiator was leaking at the rear seam. It's obviously a small one, about the width and height of a phone book. The low coolant sensor was preventing the motor from starting. Added coolant and she started after a couple of pre-heat cycles.

While running I added Prestone's sealant product and let the motor run. The slow stream of coolant leaking from the seam slowed to a drip and then stopped altogether. Radiator built pressure normally and the leak is stopped. Topped off the coolant and oil levels. If the leak returns, I will remove the radiator and have it recored.

Today, I plan on removing my personal stuff from the Sprinter. The frustrating part of it is that I spent several months adding the sink, closet, desk, and other additions getting the truck the way I want it. Now, I have to remove all these items and put them into the International. I will get everything out of the Sprinter, but I may not get everything installed into the International by Monday.

I purchased a small student desk, and when I install it and the sink the 60" of blank wall on the driver's side of the sleeper will be filled. I also have to purchase a power inverter to power my laptop when the generator is not running since there is no inverter system in the truck now. I plan on installing a seperate inverter system and deep cell battery similar to the one in the Sprinter just not as large.

I'll probably be adding stuff for months as time and funds allow.

0 comments: