Friday, July 18, 2008

Have Tags Will Travel

Managed to get the tags for the Sprinter without much of a hassle. Two phone calls to answer two questions they didn't ask yesterday and it was done. At least the title part. Then had to wait in line again to get the tags since the title work is done by the county and the tags by the state.

While I was standing in line listening to the people arguing with the clerks over one stupid thing or another, I had a brainstorm that I think I will turn into a vanity license plate.

Spell OHIO backwards. OIHO Translation: Oh I Hate Ohio. Fits my state of mind perfectly and I will not hesitate to explain it to anyone that asks.

Freight seemed to surge this afternoon. Boards were moving faster than they have all week. I had Sprinter #1 leave Louisville to come back here to Columbus initially for TAH, but he was only here a couple of hours before a load offer came through. Picks up tonight and delivers Monday. So, he'll get his TAH and a load to start the week as well.

Shoulder continues to improve and I think I can get the heck out of here Monday. The brace hasn't arrived yet, but the wife can bring it to the Expo next Friday if it turns out we meet there instead of here at home.

Sprinter #1

Van Wert, OH to Waterloo, IA

Sprinter #2

Bonused to Harrisburgh, PA

Sprinter #3

Tags in place, ready to go.

2 comments:

Heffard said...

While I am considering Prime, Inc. for a career in truck driving, I am following your blogs and have explored, though very lightly, expedited trucking.
I was just curious if old Rentacenter trucks would make a good expedite truck?
I am currently working for RAC and there are a few car dealers locally that buy and see the trucks RAC has had. Most of them are Chevy Express trucks with a 10' box and a Tommygate.
I was passing by one of them and was wondering, and thought I'd ask you.

Heffard said...

That should have read "dealers buy and SELL these trucks RAC has had..."

hunt & peck typing, ain't it grate!
(meant to do that. lol)