Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When I Move, I Move

Four loads in less than a week. Not bad. Spent the weekend in Florence, SC as expected. Sent a QC message around 1100 Monday asking to be moved. They came back with Charlotte, so I decided to go.

I only went a few miles before they came up with a load from Lancaster, SC to Lancaster, PA. No, that's not a typo. 3100 lbs of steering rods for Mack truck. Dropped that at 0900 yesterday and shot over to the truck stop at Carlisle before my 11 ran out. There are two other T/S straight trucks sitting next to me, and I'm #2 on the board. The #1 truck has been here all weekend and didn't get out yesterday. Maybe the slowdown has started.

The Sprinters are still busy, so no complaints there.

Sprinter #1

7/1/08
NILES/ MI TOLEDO/OH
SEYMOUR/ IN AUBURN HILLS/ MI

Sprinter #2

6/30/08
DECATUR/ IL LINCOLNSHIRE/ IL
7/1/08
ADDISON/ IL INDIANAPOLIS/ IN

Sprinter #3
7/1/08
PEORIA/ IL GRIFFIN/ GA

International
6/30/08
LANCASTER/ SC LANCASTER/ PA

Shoulder really gave me problems while driving Monday night and I think I may know what tore the tendon in the first place. The parking brake handle on the International is about as hard to pull and set as it is to pull an elephant by his trunk. Now, I'm using two hands while I keep my left foot on the brake. I'm going to take the truck in to the shop on Monday to see if they can adjust the brake shoes in the drum, or lube the cables or something to make it easier.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the blog. Glad you like it.

0 comments: