Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Mods

Have been home since the 4th taking care of various things. I got the parking brake on the truck adjusted so it pulls more evenly so my shoulder can handle it. Decided to stay home till my B-Day was over and to attend Tri-State's Driver Appreciation Day on the 12th. That turned out to be a good decision since we won 2 brand new Michelin radial steering tires. I'll take $900 worth of free tires any day. Like an idiot, I loaded them by myself and pulled the shoulder pretty bad. Can you say "Stubborn".

One of the other things on the International that has bugged me was the lack of cupholders. It has only one. I found a console the other day that would normally go into a minivan, but I adapted it to fit in the International. I also added a CD player since the stock radio is a cassette. I also found a holding rack for the load bars that I have been moving (much to the chagrin of my shoulder) around each time I load and unload. Pics are below.


CD Player

Console

Load Bar Holder


Freight has been slow as expected due to the auto industry shutdown, but should be picking up soon.


Sprinter #1

RALEIGH/ NC ATHENS/ AL 7/11/2008
RICHMOND/ VA COCKEYSVILLE/ MD 7/9/2008
NO CHARLESTON/ SC CHERRY POINT/ NC 7/7/2008
CHICAGO/ IL CANTON/ OH 7/2/2008
BARBERTON/ OH LUGOFF/ SC 7/2/2008
NILES/ MI TOLEDO/ OH 7/1/2008
LITCHFIELD/ MI LAFAYETTE/ IN 7/1/2008


Sprinter #2

MARION/ OH FLETCHER/ NC 7/11/2008
CLEVELAND/ OH LIMA/ OH 7/10/2008
COLUMBUS/ OH BROOK PARK/ OH 7/8/2008
SHARONVILLE/ OH ENDWELL/ NY 7/2/2008
ADDISON/ IL INDIANAPOLIS/ IN 7/1/2008


Sprinter #3

PEORIA/ IL GRIFFIN/ GA 7/1/2008

Driver has been off sick.


We plan to attend the Expedite Expo on the 25th and 26th in Wilmington, OH. If anyone is near there, come on over. It's free as is the parking. Tons of exibits, the Chrome Shop Mafia will be there, and SNI has a booth as well. Promises to be a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wolfeman...I'm a wanna-be driver and I plan on attending the Expo on the 26th. Hopefully I will see you there. Feel free to e-mail me and let me know how to locate you. truckin.tedybehr@gmail.com I look forward to it and thanks again for the blog. -TT

roseseo said...

Really very good and different model, I hope people like this
keep continue :)
trucking Charleston