Friday, January 4, 2008

Home - The Sequel

Freight is very soft here right now. The board has barely moved at all, and there were only about 330 loads for the whole system today. Decided to scratch this week and take care of things around here.

Been fighting one of the garage doors for a week now. I noticed that one of the support braces had lost a bolt and I replaced it. Next time I hit the button to close the door, the top panel folded up. After a few days of pounding and cussing in the cold, I decided to call the ex-wife. She works for a overhead door company and I called and told her to send one of her repairmen out before I totally destroy this door. Takes him an hour to fix it.

He replaced a bunch of pulleys, reshaped the top panel, added top braces to BOTH doors, and adjusted both of them all for the bargain price of $150 parts and labor. I am a happy camper.

In another vein, I ordered parts today for my latest project. If it works, I'll have running water in the truck. Can a shower be far behind?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolfeman,

I'm still out here (Phoenix AZ, originally from Ohio) reading your blog every couple of weeks or so. I enjoy reading your adventures. I had not heard of expedite trucking until I ran across your blog early last year. I'm not a trucker, just something I have always thought about doing when I retire from my office job in a couple of years. Wish you the best. Good luck with hooking up running water.

Bruce

Wolfeman said...

Bruce,

The running water project is complete and working well.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with becoming a trucker. If I can help, don't hesitate to ask.