Sunday, January 27, 2008

NC-TN-KY-WV-KY

Dispatch called out of the blue yesterday at 1500 with a load offer from Maryville, TN to Milton, WV. The two oddities were that it was a Sunday 0600 delivery, and the pick up was at a private residence. Who cares?? It was a load.

The pick up was in BFE TN. The roads I was on were little more that cow paths. Fully expected to come up against a low bridge or cow at any second. Pick up was scheduled for 1800 and I arrived at 1758.

Took off and stopped at the J in Cannonsburg, KY for chow and sack. Left the J at 0500 for Milton. Arrived in the Milton area at 0530 and after several phone calls trying to locate the guy that was supposed to meet me, he finally showed up and took delivery at 0605. He didn't have his cell phone turned on. It's not like anyone was trying to reach him or anything.

Turns out the 20lb box I had was a metal sleeve of some type related to a conveyor system. The company the consignee is repairing this for was losing $10000 per hour as their conveyor was down.

Went back to the J in Cannonsburg #3 on the Huntington, WV Board.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, who knew you were such a great blogger. I will be interested to watch your trials and tribulations

Wolfeman said...

It does get interesting. Enjoy, and let me know where I am from time to time. It all runs together after awhile.