Friday, January 25, 2008

OH-NC

Came back to Columbus after everything finally got taken care of in Toledo on the new truck. There were 8 vans in Toledo and only two in Columbus.

Sat all day Wednesday, but moved up to #1 by the end of the day. Went to bed early as I had a feeling that I wouldn't get a full nights sleep.

Sure enough, dispatch called at 0115 with a load offer from Bucyrus, OH to Fletcher, NC. 547 loaded miles, 78 miles to the pick up. The opposite direction of course.

Pick up was at o400 and I arrived at 0405. It was snowing heavy and the roads were less than friendly. Turns out I hurried for nothing since they had pulled the wrong parts and had to redo it. Didn't leave until 0500.

Fought the snow all the way until I hit TN. Even then their were flurries going over the Great Smoky Mountains. Arrived in NC at 1530 two hours ahead of my expected ETA. Now parked for the night in a nearby rest area. I'm #1 on the Arden, NC board but I've never been on this board before so hopefully I'll get a load today. There are no truck stops nearby, and I can't sit here for the weekend.

0 comments: