Monday, January 21, 2008

OH-TN-OH

Left to pick up the new truck at 0400 Saturday morning. Arrived in Knoxville at 1110. Checked everything out and no problems found. Signed the paperwork, my driver transferred his stuff from the Sprinter into the International, my buddy jumped into the Sprinter and I jump into my Ram and we headed back to Columbus. Left about 1430.

Arrived back in Columbus at 1930 with no problems. Driver calls about 2000 saying the heat unit only blows cold air. He called again this afternoon saying that the generator won't start. I had him pick up a ceramic heater until I could get the info on the heat unit, but now he can't use that since the generator won't start. Had him stop at a TA truck stop to see if their shop could determine what the problem was. It appears to be the starter. I did some research and found that the sleeper, generator, and heat and a/c unit were installed by the same company. There should be warranty left on all items but I won't know until I contact them tomorrow.

Other than that, the truck runs great.

0 comments: