Saturday, January 12, 2008

Truck #3

It was an interesting week. I completed the running water project and it's working well.

A buddy of mine called asking if he and his son could drive for me. He is coming off the same shoulder surgery I had several years ago and his doc told him the same thing mine told me, find another line of work. He's a Sprinter mechanic for a Dodge dealer. I told him I would see what I could do.

I couldn't add another Sprinter as the carrier I'm leased to isn't accepting any more vans. So, I looked around for a straight truck. I stumbled across one that was already set up for expedite. It's a one of a kind truck, a 2007 International 4400 with 68,000 miles on it. It has a 102" sleeper, 16 ft. cargo box, rear lift gate, generator, and roof air already installed.

The financing went through in my company name without a hitch, and my buddy and his son will be at orientation on the 21st. The driver of my other Sprinter will drive the International while my buddy and his son drive that Sprinter.

I don't know for sure whether they will team drive or split the time on the road. The upside is that I now have a Sprinter mechanic within the company. My maintenance costs will drop significantly. He can handle working on them occasionally, it's just the working on them every day that his doc said to avoid.

Once they get some experience under their belts, I'll see about adding a fourth truck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's anything like the one I just saw on truck paper it's a nice looking truck.

Can you post pictures on your blog?

It would be nice to see the equipment.

Did you ever get your FAST card for the runs to Canada?

Take care
Jim
Toronto

Wolfeman said...

Glad to hear from you again Jim!

I posted pics of the trucks.

Haven't had time to get the FAST card yet. I have until 2/26/08 to go for the interview.