Monday, December 3, 2007

IL-IL

Left at 0600 to run the load into Peoria. No problems as the wind had died down quite a bit, just cold. Delivered on time and showed available at 0845. #5 on the Peoria board.

Ran over to a Pilot in Bloomington, IL so I could drop off my paperwork in the TriPak box to get the load on this week's check. Stopped on the way at a MickeyD's for a big breakfast. Laid down about 1000 for a few hours sleep.

Got up at 1330 and at 1400 I was still #5 on the board. Was just about to ask dispatch to bonus me somwhere when they called with a load offer. It was a crappy little load from the CAT plant in Peoria to Addison, IL., only 141 paid miles. Since they were offering it to me, I knew the 4 vans ahead of me had turned it down. I figured it was better than sitting there or deadheading somewhere else, so I took it. Made the pick up and delivery with no problems and showed available at 1945.

Made the same decision and ran over to a truckstop in Henpeck, IL to drop my paperwork off. I was pleased to see that it will be picked up at 1100 tomorrow, so it might make this week's check also.

Had dinner, and checked the boards. I am #5 on the Chicago board which is normally a decent spot but the #1 van has been here since Friday. I checked the surrounding boards and they are all in the same shape. Vans backing up for lack of freight. The 4 vans that were ahead of me in Peoria are still there so I guess I made the right decision by taking that load crappy or not. Oddly enough, the hottest board right now is Columbus. When I was home last week, it took until Thursday to get a load. Now, the #1 van has only been there a few hours. That's how my luck runs.

My other truck didn't get a load today, so it looks like we are entering the SLOW period. Will probably ask to be moved somewhere in the morning, or I'll move myself. I hate Chicago, and they are calling for 2 to 4 inches of that white stuff tomorrow night. Time to get out of Dodge and head south.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolfeman,
Just wanted to drop you a line. I have been reading your blog off and on since March and find it quite interesting. Thanks for your regular posts. I keep thinking about getting on the road one of these days, instead of sitting in an office cubicle. Wish you the best. Be safe.
Bruce