Thursday, December 13, 2007

WI-OH

Dispatch called yesterday at 0945 with a load from Milwaukee to Sunbury, OH. Didn't pick up until 1300, so I spent some time trip planning trying to find a good way around Chicago. Couldn't really find a way that didn't add too much mileage to the route. I wish now that I would have taken it hang the additional mileage.

Picture a 6 lane highway. That's I 94 going into IL. Just after you cross the IL line on 94 there is a toll booth. Three lanes are for I Zoom, the automated toll system and three lanes are for cash payment. Just after the toll booth, construction workers had closed all but one lane of 94. So, three lanes of I Zoom vehicles coming from the left and three lanes of vehicles that paid cash coming from the right are all trying to shrink into that one lane. It took over an hour to travel one mile. What are the cw's doing?? Drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and waving at traffic. They are so lucky that someone didn't blow their heads off.

Finally delivered at Showa at 2130. All I had was a 9lb box of springs. When I got to Showa, I was looking around for the receiving dock because it wasn't marked. I hear this strange horn and look in my left mirror to see a fork lift chasing me. Turns out that they were looking for me since these little springs were HOT, HOT,HOT. I wasn't scheduled to be there until 2330, and this guy acted like it was Christmas and I was Santa bringing his toys. So, he signed for the box right there in the parking lot and took off on his fork lift. I still don't know where receiving is though.

Since Sunbury is only about 15 miles north of the house, I came home arriving about 2200. Wife has a bad cold, so I waved to her and got mobbed by the pups. Currently sitting #4 on the Columbus board.

0 comments: