Wednesday, December 12, 2007

OH-MI-WI

I was standing in the Tri-State building when dispatch called with a load offer at 1045. I didn't expect one so soon since I was #3 on the board. Turns out that the other two ahead of me didn't want the load due to the bad weather. Why are they doing this then????

Deadheaded from Millbury, OH to Belleville, MI to pick up at 1300. Load was 128 engine fuel lines going to Bombadier in Sturtevant, WI for their snowmobile engines. They didn't expect me to get there until 2300, but I dropped it at 1945. I didn't even have any trouble going through Chicago on I 94. Cold and snowy up here, but didn't have any major problems. 94 was closed near Battle Creek due to a tanker that overturned and the reroute slowed me down quite a bit. You just have to be careful and be aware of what goes on around you.

To TT: Not everyone uses the FAST program. You can get into Canada using a passport or birth certificate but it takes quite a bit longer. Since the FAST program has express lanes at the ports of entry and the info they need is encoded on the card you're issued, it speeds everything up. It's actually harder to get back into the US than it is to get into Canada. Glad you like the blog and let me know if you have any other questions.

0 comments: