Thursday, December 6, 2007

IN-OH-HOME

Dispatch called at 0800 with a load to Chillicothe, OH. Two Allison transmissions for Kenworth.

The snow that fell last night wasn't deep, but with all the traffic accidents on I465, it took me 45 minutes to get to the shipper. 23 miles.

Took another hour and a half to get to I70 as careless drivers continued to have a meeting of the minds on 465. 35 miles.

I70 was clear but icy in spots and full of big rigs that had gotten jammed up coming through Indy. The wind was blowing us all over, so it made for interesting passing. Left shipper at 0900, arrived Kenworth at 1430 ON TIME. Stopped only once for fuel, coffee, and restroom.

Left Kenworth at 1500 and told dispatch to put me on an 8 hour break since I was listed as #1 on the Columbus board. Allowed me time to stop here at home to do some laundry and restock the truck. Not to mention seeing the better half and the pups. I expect to get out early in the morning since Columbus seems to be busy right now. I actually hope that I don't get out until after the morning rush hour as it's dropped into the teens here and black ice will be a problem.



1 comments:

Gary B said...

Enjoy your blog, I've been reading if for a while now. Sounds like you are staying busy. Good luck and stay safe.

Gary B