Friday, April 4, 2008

IA-IL

Made my drop at CAT in Peoria at 1530. Drive was uneventful.

One Sprinter took a box of circuit boards from Rochester NY to Erie PA and the second Sprinter loaded up with 15 boxes of Bleu Cheese from a cheese factory in BFE WI to New Berlin WI. 290 mile trip from north to south WI. Wonder why they needed it so badly. Maybe they ran out of bleu cheese dressing at the salad bar.

Sitting at a truck stop in Bloomington, IL. Finally got my microwave working properly after it refused to work Wednesday. I had turned down the idle on my generator engine and it apparently lowered the generator's output enough that it wouldn't operate the microwave. Turned the idle back up and now the microwave works. Nice to have a hot meal again. I had turned the idle down to stop some of the vibration put out by the generator engine. The company that installed it didn't put any insulators on the engine, so it vibrates the sleeper a bit. I've got it to where I can live with the vibration until I can install some insulators.

And some people pay for a vibrating bed.

0 comments: