Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MA-PA

Left Plainville, MA around 1500 Friday since it was obvious I wasn't getting a load. Deadheaded to Danville, PA to spend the weekend with my daughter. Parked the truck behind her vet clinic.

Got in the truck yesterday morning at 0800 and it was deader than a doornail. Put jumper cables from her truck to mine and got the generator running figuring it would charge up the batteries. Wrong.

Long story short, I had one battery that was shorted, and it took the other one with it. Had to call in for a service call and they showed up at 1115. The truck started immediately when he hooked up his cable, so I followed him back to his shop to get the batteries replaced.

Left there around 1300 and as luck would have it, I passed Dr.Zebra from PD.com as he was getting on I80. I stared at his truck looking for it's number, but couldn't see it. He called me on my cell before I had a chance to yell at him on the CB. We stopped at the Petro at the next exit and had breakfast and a really nice chat, and it salvaged a really bad day.

Left there and went back to Danville. Thankfully, this Monday ended without any further problems.

No load today, but I called the fleet coordinator at T/S and found out that business is really bad. So much so that other owners are parking their trucks or getting out all together. He also told me that T/S has laid off some office personnel as well. All this due to fuel costs. Not a promising picture overall. This repair bill is a kick in the shorts, but that's part of the game.

Sprinter #1 No load, bonused from Lincoln, NE to Davenport, IA

Sprinter #2 No load, bonused from Memphis, TN to Evansville, IN

0 comments: