Friday, April 18, 2008

MA Day 2

Made a corporate decision today. No more loads to New England unless there is a load back out waiting for me.

Woke up this morning and went inside the "truck stop" building. Emenities included one vending machine for candy, one for soda, and an ATM. The lot was a joke. I've seen firebases after a mortar attack that looked better.

Waited until 1500 without getting a load and decided to drive 50 miles southeast to a Citgo Travel Center in Plainville, MA. This one is fairly clean and at least has a store and diner. Had to pay $6.00 to park, and diesel is $4.60 a gallon. This is starting to become insane.

If I don't get a load out tomorrow, I'm biting the bullet and heading west to PA and visit my daughter. At least she won't charge me to park the truck.

Sprinter #1 didn't get a load either.

Sprinter #2 load from Peoria, IL to Iron Mountain, MI

0 comments: