Sunday, April 6, 2008

IL-IA

For once the Peoria board was slow during the early part of the day. Didn't get a real load offer until 1700 just when I figured I'd be sitting there for the weekend.

Picked up in south Chicago, times like these I wish I had a .50 cal mounted behind the grill, pick up time was 2000 and I got there about 1945. Clerk said the crew was on lunch. I sat in the truck doing my log watching some of the crew played soccer in a vacant lot and the rest of them made drug deals with the dealer that showed up shortly after I did. Loaded two skids of transmission gears weighing 4000 lbs. Took off to Shenandoah, IA and a 1000 delivery time.

Stopped outside of Des Moines, IA at the Flying J for some chow and sack.
After I got off of I80 onto US59 I drove through 30 miles of corn fields to get to Shenandoah. Arrived at Eaton at 0935 and unloaded without any problems. Shenandoah is a nice small town, big enough to have a Wally World and a McDonalds. Seemed strange to have a massive transmission plant in the middle of all those corn fields.


Drove north to a truck stop in Council Bluffs for the weekend.

0 comments: